Due to recent rain and drop in temperatures, the District is immediately terminating Stage 2 of its Drought Contingency Plan and is reimplementing Stage 1 and requests that all customers immediately begin implementing the following actions:
- Limit irrigation to no more than two (2) days per week, between 7:00 p.m. and 5:00 a.m. following the schedules below:
- Sundays and Thursdays for single family residential customers with even-numbered street addresses.
- Saturdays and Wednesdays for single family residential customers with odd-numbered street addresses.
- Tuesdays and Fridays for all other customers.
- No watering on Mondays.
- Check for and repair all leaks, dripping faucets, and running toilets.
- Utilize water conservation measures such as displacement bags, low-flow shower heads and leak detection tablets.
- Additional water conservation tips can be found www.irrygator.com.
These measures are voluntary, but should drought conditions worsen, mandatory measures may be implemented.
For more information on drought conditions in the area and voluntary water conservation measures being implemented by the North Harris County Regional Water Authority, please visit: https://www.nhcrwa.com/wp-content/uploads/2022/06/2019-Drought-Contingency-Plan.pdf