Dear Bilma PUD Customer:
Bilma PUD has two sources of the water it provides to customers: surface water it purchases from the North Harris County Regional Water Authority (NHCRWA) and groundwater from wells within the District.
The NHCRWA is experiencing difficulties in meeting the high demand for water under the current drought conditions and has implemented Stage 1 of its Drought Contingency Plan (DCP). As a customer of the NHCRWA, Bilma’s DCP has also been triggered.
Bilma PUD requests that all customers take the following voluntary measures:
- Limit irrigation to no more than two days per week, between 7:00 p.m. and 5:00 a.m., following the schedules below:
- Sundays and Thursdays for single family residential customers with even-numbered street addresses.
- Saturdays and Wednesdays for single family residential customers with odd-numbered street addresses.
- Tuesdays and Fridays for all other customers.
- No watering on Mondays.
- Check for and repair all leaks, dripping faucets, and running toilets.
- Utilize water conservation measures such as displacement bags, low-flow shower heads and leak detection tablets. Additional water conservation tips can be found at irrygator.com.
These measures are voluntary, but should drought conditions worsen, mandatory measures may be implemented.
You can view the District’s Drought Contingency Plan here: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1QXapGHwwUNEV1-oAOzMYSIl-F4vqobmt/view
We regret any inconvenience caused by these steps and encourage our customers to always look for ways to conserve water.
Bilma PUD Board of Directors