Dear Bilma PUD Customer:
Since initiating Stage 1 of its Drought Contingency Plan, the North Harris County Regional Water Authority (NHCRWA) has continued to experience difficulties in meeting high demand for water under the current drought conditions. As a result, the NHCRWA has upgraded to Stage 2 Water Restrictions.
As a customer of the NHRWA, Bilma’s Stage 2 Water Restrictions have also been triggered.
Effective August 27, 2023, all District customers are required to begin implementing the following actions:
- Outdoor watering is limited to no more than two (2) days per week following the schedules below:
- Even-numbered street addresses = Sundays and Thursdays
- Odd-numbered street addresses = Saturdays and Wednesdays
- All other customers = Tuesdays and Fridays
- Outdoor watering is prohibited between the period of 5:00 a.m. and 7:00 p.m.
- No watering on Mondays
- Repair all leaks, dripping faucets, and running toilets within 72 hours of discovery
- Utilize water conservation measures such as displacement bags, low-flow shower heads and leak detection tablets
- Additional water conservation tips can be found www.irrygator.com.
For more information on the NHCRWA’s implementation of Stage 2, please visit https://www.nhcrwa.com/2023/08/stage-2-dcp/.
We regret any inconvenience caused by these steps and encourage our customers to always look for ways to conserve water.
Bilma PUD Board of Directors