Dear Valued Customer,
At Residential Recycling and Refuse of Texas, we are continuing to service our customers with the utmost of care. We are following and implementing national best practices, while also taking direction from the CDC, OSHA and other governing agencies to protect our communities and employees during this pandemic.
We have instructed any employee that is under the weather to not report to work. This may result in an occasional new face on the truck that services you. Our office is temporarily restricted for the safety of all involved. We have instituted a work from home policy for our office staff members that can work from home to limit person to person contact.
During this difficult time, we request your understanding should calls not be immediately answered. We are asking that everyone use our email, firstname.lastname@example.org, for all communications until the CDC feels it is safe for everyone to return to work. While we pride ourselves on customer service, these temporary policies are in place for everyone’s safety.
Please note that many people are working from home, cooking at home instead of eating out, deep cleaning their houses and doing significant yard work during this shelter in place order. The result is an overwhelming amount of trash that is resulting in very long days for our employees and numerous trips to the landfills.
We are taking several steps to avoid disruptions in service to your community and are ask for your help as well.
What can you do to help?
- For the safety of the people working on our trucks, all household trash should be placed in tied garbage bags to help limit direct contact with waste. Your tied garbage bags should then be placed in trash cans. This is a best practice that has been being instituted nationally. It is also important to place recycling in clear bags.
- Please limit your yard waste by starting either leaving your lawn clippings in your yard or start a compost pile.
- Only prune and trim as necessary. We are seeing a significant number of limbs on the curbs. If you do trim, please limit all limbs to no longer that 4 ft in length, please neatly tie in bundles and limit the bundles to 40 lbs. or less.
- If you use a lawn service to maintain your yard, please have them haul the green waste away whenever possible.
- Please know that we are doing our best to keep everyone safe. There may be delays due to the high volume of waste being placed at the curb.
Our services are viewed as essential services and thus we expect to be allowed to continue to service you as long as it is safe to do so.
We never lose sight that you are our valuable customer. Thank you for allowing Residential Recycling and Refuse of Texas to service your community.
Senior Vice President
Residential Recycling and Refuse of Texas